Cutler Real Estate asked Steve a few questions so you can get to know him better, and here are Steve's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
- B.A., Political Science, University of Akron
- Licensed Realtor/Agent since 1988
- Broker since 1999
- Served as President of the Akron Area Board of Realtors 2002
- President CRIS MLS 2004
- President of Akron Cleveland Association of Realtors 2016
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
I've been involved in the real estate industry from a very young age as my family owned their brokerage, Merkle Realty, which my father Norman founded in 1964. I started filing paperwork, inputting listings and installing signs for my father. His dedication and professionalism showed me that Realtors play a satisfying role in helping people achieve the American Dream of Homeownership! I enjoy helping clients find their special place in a community.
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
Wadsworth, OH. It's a great area conveniently located within an easy commute to Akron or Cleveland. Great school system with new facilities, community owned utilities, a great mix of beautiful older and newer homes as well as a charming downtown area make Wadsworth a great place to live!
4. How do you spend your free time?
Boating with my family!
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- My Bible
- Road bike
- Running shoes
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?
Good listener helpful and patient.